We are currently recruiting for Workforce Planning Officer to work within a dynamic team environment with a Federal Government Agency located in Docklands, Victoria.
The client is seeking an experienced Workforce Planner for a six-month engagement to support the Workforce Planning team and develop workforce planning documents for a major transformation program. Experience working on change initiatives that have a primary and direct human resource or workforce planning and design impact would be an advantage. The Workforce Planning Team in Organisational Development (Corporate Services Group) require an experienced Workforce Planner to lead the workforce planning activities for PST (Public Services Transformation) program, under direction of the Workforce Planning lead.
- Lead the development of the following documents, with direction from the Workforce Planning team; a strategic workforce plan, an implementation plan to transition the workforce from current to future state.
- Work with a vendor to deliver a baseline analysis of the operational workforce; establish position descriptions and competency/skills matrices that align to the APS Job Family Model and the future operations approach.
- Track and oversee the delivery of workforce planning activities, including ensuring co-ordination and integration of activities with other projects across the program.
- Develop documentation related to workforce analysis and planning.
- Assist with the development of communication materials applicable to the project.
- Provide advice on the change components of workforce planning, analysis and design.
- Proactively identify, escalate (where appropriate) and manage risks and issues.
- Comply with all Bureau work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
- Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Bureau's Social Justice Strategy.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Has a successful track record of achieving results in a similar role undertaking workforce planning
- Experience in applying 'better practice', practical and results approaches to all aspects of workforce planning.
- Experience developing workforce planning documents
- Experience creating roles, assigning capabilities and ensuring alignment with work level standards
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients to influence and achieve results.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders including high calibre written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking, use sound judgement and act with integrity.
- Is organised, driven and priority oriented and can work in an agile way in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate must be an Australian Citizen.
Start ASAP for an initial period for 3 months with a possible extension option of 2 x 6 months. Options will be exercised at the sole discretion of the client and will be subject to funds availability and delegate approval.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva quoting reference: 197765.
Please click the apply button.