Our Federal Government Client is seeking for Two IT Support Officer is responsible for providing timely level one and level two technical support services to the agency and its stakeholders. The role is the first point of contact for all technology support enquires and issues and responds to telephone calls, emails, or walk-up requests. The role troubleshoots and resolves complex problems for users assisting in the investigation and resolution of desktop, network, server and application issues and providing an end-to-end incident management service.
These two roles are for long-term contracts-- one will be offered a 12 month contract and the other will be for 6 months. Our client is located in Canberra.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Responding to, and resolving first level ICT support queries, requests, complaints and issues from internal and external stakeholders via telephone, email and in-person.
- Logging, maintaining and managing requests in the Service Desk queues to ensure a timely service is provided.
- Maintaining the Service Desk intranet page including communications, contact lists and incident reports.
- Performing daily health checks and monitoring of ICT requests and issues.
- Analysing and troubleshooting ICT enquiries, including developing innovative and creative approaches, to resolve common issues/challenges including following the correct escalation procedures when required and where appropriate.
- Fulfilling access management requests for the creation of new accounts, password resets and access changes within Active Directory and Business Systems.
- Performing basic research and analysis to compile data and information to assist with in the investigation and resolution of desktop, network, server and application issues.
- Maintaining contemporary systems and technical knowledge to assist in the resolution of issues within Active Directory, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Operating System,
- Contributing to process improvement and development of service desk standard operating procedures to support team functions.
- Aligning personal work goals with team goals including prioritising own tasks to meet team and agency objecting while ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
- Liaising and actively developing and maintaining positive working relationships across the organisation and with internal/ external stakeholders to provide general ICT support and advice.
- Providing other support and assistance to the IT Support Team Leader.
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing first level ICT support.
- Demonstrated ability, or the ability to quickly acquire experience, in analysing and troubleshooting ICT enquiries, including the ability to apply sound judgement to problem solve when faced with competing priorities.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or are able to obtain NV1 Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 208792
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.