Storage Operations Manager
This national brand is building a top team to support and expand their current back and storage environments. In this role you will be working within a large team so must have strong interpersonal skills. You must also be a technical person, however the role is not hands on.
- Ensuring Operational Excellence in all activities of the storage team.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the internal storage landscape.
- Adherence to IT Service Management disciplines and company methodologies.
- Identification, Mitigation and elimination of risk in the storage environment
- Sound and logical solutions to address or resolve issues, risks and opportunities.
- Ensure that the culture of customer service and satisfaction is maintained at all times by the team, with responsiveness to customer needs and pro-activity to business and technical requirements.
- Work directly with Storage and backup Service Owners to provide feedback on the performance of their service
- Review and provide feedback on documentation as required.
- Ensure effective Knowledge Management through the collection, documentation and Life Cycle Management of knowledge documents.
- Provide After Hours support on a rotating rostered basis
- Creation, socialisation and enforcement of Operations Standards.
Skills & Experience
- A strong track record supporting Large Enterprise backup and storage environments
- Previous experience working in a multi sourced environment.
- Experience in working within a large organisation at the enterprise level.
- Previous experience with EMC storage and backup equipment.