- Permanent fixed term position
- Leading educational organisation
- Sydney CBD location
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior System Administrator to join their IT Team. The team is responsible for supporting existing on-premise systems as well as well as support the company's migration to a new cloud platform.
The role / candidate:
- Primarily a systems role working under a friendly Infrastructure Manager
- Manage and ensure resolution of second and third level incidents
- Experience in managing and administering Office365 with a strong focus on Email, OneDrive, One Note & Skype for Business
- Experience in designing and building Hybrid computing environments using technologies like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Good understanding of "Cloud compute" sizing and cost modelling to maximise appropriate application usage, e.g. servers for micro-services or larger servers for efficiency
- Windows Administration (Windows 2008 R2 (to be deprecated), Windows 2012, Windows 2016, Active Directory, Group Policy).
- Web IIS (Required - IIS 7, IIS 7.5+).
- Strong Scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, VB Script) in building and developing scripts to solve day to day problems and improve operational efficiency. Also for use in building automation in Cloud Environments.
- Previous experience working in an ITSM environment (Incident, Change & Problem Management) is essential.
- Experience in Backup Management and backup technology e.g. Backup Exec, VEEAM, VM Replication tools).
- Experience with implementing and administering Citrix XenApp or VMWARE view environments.
- Strong Knowledge of networking & security - switching, routing and firewalls, TCP/IP (spanning tree), VLAN, Static routes (Preferred - BGP), and Enterprise Wireless.
- Experience in DevOps and application deployments.
- Initiative. Able to work autonomously and is self-motivated. Demonstrable skills in researching information and solving problems in unfamiliar technical environments.
- Achievement oriented, focused and well organised.
- Leadership and mentoring skills on problem solving, setting & documenting standards for other team members.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Sound relationship building skills.
- Be prepared to work after hours or on call
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Reference no: 192 280