Our client is currently looking to secure a HR Systems Administrator for a 12-month fixed term role. Ideally you will have previously worked in a similar role delivering ongoing system administration for HR systems.
This role will require an analytical thinker, someone who can get the best out of the current system and make recommendations on improvements to maximise efficiency.
You will be working within the People and Culture team as they hold the HRIS and act as interface to IT and vendors.
- Provide technical support for systems/applications, effectively communicating with customers to understand their requirements and keeping them informed of progress in the resolution of issues.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve system/application queries, escalating complex issues to a higher authority.
- Work collaboratively with internal and/or external parties to ensure that response times of service requests are within targets and satisfaction is high.
- Utilise database query tools and create SQL scripts and reports for specific system requirements, as required.
- Implement audit requirements related to system access and security.
- Maintain system codes, code rules and tables and document any changes to base system configurations.
- Support and undertake testing and configuration of system upgrades and patches.
- Undertake maintenance and monitor processes to ensure high availability and security of systems.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the system vendor, CITS and staff within other organisations using this system.
- Maintain a suitable level of knowledge of supported technologies and the use of relevant tools to enable effective service delivery.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of underlying business process which the system/s supports.
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
Essential Skills Required:
- Completion of a degree with subsequent relevant work experience or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in the administration and maintenance of database systems and the use of database query tools.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to liaise with end users via a customer Helpdesk environment and with technical resource consultants, to resolve system issues.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise tasks/ requests to ensure client needs are met.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills with the ability to construct documentation and articulate information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
If you have the legal right to work in Australia and have the relevant skills, please "Apply Now" or send an updated Word doc CV to gayle.truslove2peoplebank.com.au