Senior Systems Engineer
Provide and co-ordinate immediate response for Priority Incidents related to Continuously Available technology services, while also performing and co-ordinating release deployment and patching activates.
- Establish, maintain and follow and processes and procedures for priority incident immediate response, and software release deployment for high and continuously available technology services.
- Perform and co-ordinate technology changes (eg. patches, software updates) to RITS, FSS and BK NPP systems.
- Retaining knowledge of all system components and end to end transaction data flows within RITS, FSS and BK NPP solutions.
- Review technical support processes and documentation to improve quality
- Low level problem solver, be able to provide first and second level technical support. Escalation where required.
- Work shift rosters as required.
- Provide professional customer service, while ensuring timely resolutions and escalations.
- Provide a high level of customer service, while helping educate staff on Bank continuously available services and systems.
- Ensure all issues and requests are accurately recorded in the service desk system.
- Adhere to Bank and IT Department policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance of the Bank's standards.
- Bachelor's Degree or equvilant.
- Available for a 24/7 roster.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of enterprise systems management, including configuring and modifying infrastructure objects and alerting thresholds.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and technologies.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Previous experience in an IT technical support or operational role within a medium-large environment.
- Must have history of completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in implementing process improvements.