Senior Project Controls Officer
Duration: 12 months Contract
Location: Auburn 2140 NSW
Role closes on: Fri, 27 Oct 2017
- Hold a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline;
- Possess 5 - 10 years of project controls experience in project delivery environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of project controls fundamentals including estimating, scheduling, forensic analysis, cost control, risk management, budgeting, project performance management, project change management, project accounting, forecasting and cash flow management.
- Proven experience in providing quality and performance assurance in the application of project controls.
- Be single point of contact for change control (variation management) for Major Works.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure project change is effectively captured and managed. This includes ensuring that claims are raised in a timely manner, potential change impacts are assessed and managed, and claims are recorded in the appropriate register(s) at the required level of detail to enable assessment and processing by AMD.
- Develop, socialise & maintain an appropriate EAM Change Control process in conjunction with the EAM design team, and relevant staff and managers from AMD and MWD.
- Develop, socialise & maintain an interim SharePoint Change Register/process until a workable EAM solution is delivered.
- Raise & manage potential changes/Claims in SharePoint registers at the required level of detail.
- Manage the project work approval process in terms of accurate cost code allocation, changes & approvals
- Monitor & control changes through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with project management, project planning, AMD & others as required to ensure accuracy in project cost phasing and forecasting of potential changes.
- Ensure accurate and timely capture of procurement, materials, subcontract & labour man hour cost detail in estimates
- Attend regular meetings with both AMD & Project delivery to ensure potential changes are understood & any updates made before submission to SAP
- Work closely with client representative to process claims raised;
- Understand & Develop SAP claim process with EAM;
- Manage claims process in SAP - raise, submit, process, and integrate into existing scopes;
- Understand principles of cost controls, planning/scheduling, estimating & how change controls integrates with these functions;
- Provide statistical analysis of claims raised, for control & reporting;
- Provide support as required by Senior management;
- Liaise with Project and Program managers to ensure claims are accurately raised & recorded;
- Provide guidance and support to organisation of change control process.