This enterprise-sized, rapidly growing organisation in Newcastle is undergoing a huge digital transformation and is in the process of building up their IT team and practice. With this transformation being driven from the top, there's nothing to slow or stop an exciting change within a well-established organisation.
Starting from the top of this Digital/Agile transformation, this organisation is looking for a Product Portfolio Manager who will be responsible for developing and applying a systematic management framework to ensure a portfolio of work is aligned with strategic priorities, enabling the delivery of work
As the Product Portfolio Manager, you will also acts as a line manager for the Product Management team, focusing on coaching and helping the team (and its people) grow as a function. The role acts as a primary interface within the business through Product Managers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Define vision, strategy and roadmap for strategic digital platforms in your portfolio and ensure delivery against these.
- Consult with key stakeholders to fully understand the context, scope, constraints and objectives of the project.
- Implement strategic investment appraisal process to make decisions on how IT budget will be divided and prioritised across portfolio, assessing initiatives for strategic alignment, expected benefits and associated risks.
- Implement processes for assessing impacts on business activity.
- Document benefits management strategy to track, measure and realise benefits.
- Work with key stakeholders including the Agile Change Manager to execute upon benefits realisation strategy.
- Lead and manage the planning/estimating, definition, delivery and tracking of the project portfolio.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or relevant qualification and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Experience working within a project delivery environment with IT Projects involving the management of multiple stakeholders and significant technical complexity and the prioritisation of workloads.
- Experience in portfolio planning and roadmap creation skills.
- Experience using Agile based delivery methods, project tools and governance.
- Previous experience as Product Manager.
- Demonstrated capability to manage, lead and influence stakeholders and sponsors at a senior level to achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Extensive experience leading and coaching teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate all levels of staff to provide a quality service.
This is a rare permanent opportunity to be part of a large and ongoing transformation with an organisation that is very visible and touches many aspects of everyday life. For your efforts you'll enjoy a great work life balance and unique benefits including a 35-hour work week and flex time.
If you are ready for a change and tired of the Sydney commute this is the perfect opportunity to make your move.
Job reference; 196975