About the Role
- Over five years ago the agency transitioned to lean / agile project delivery practices, so daily stand ups and Jira boards are heavily engrained in the culture.
- The agency has high expectations on IT availability, stability and security.
- The team is relatively small and made up of highly skilled directly employed resources. Outsource vendors do not manage any of the environment within Technology and Platform Solutions Team.
- Security is a key focus area for the team, in consultation with the agency's IT Security Advisor, existing solutions and new projects are constantly being reviewed for vulnerabilities. The whole agency is moving towards a "secure by design" approach.
- There is also a heavy focus on automation (e.g. Ansible and scripting) to deploy and manage solution configuration.
- Extensive skills and experience working with stakeholders to build technical delivery plans.
- Ability to challenge existing practices and work proactively to identify innovative solutions to blockers.
- Ability to resolve differences of opinion within the team, from both a technical and personal perspective.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels within the organisation, from hands on technical staff to the executive.
- A strong understanding of structured and agile delivery practices. Ideally with certifications in both (e.g. Prince2 and AgilePM Practitioner), and experience in applying the appropriate structure based on the characteristics of the project.
- A solid technical foundation in Linux, containers and infrastructure orchestration.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Australian Information Security Manual (ISM) and the Essential Eight strategies to mitigate cyber threats within a Protected environment.
- Extensive experience performing Federal Government procurement activities.
Apply Now and for more information, please contact Archna Singh on 02 6245 1708 quoting Job Reference: 247654.