Our Federal Government Client is seeking an enthusiastic Library Digitisation Specialist for an initial 12-month contracting opportunity with potential extension options.
The Library Digitisation Specialist is responsible for the digitisation of the client's publications and archival materials including the development of standards and procedures for digitisation of resources. This role is to be worked from our clients Canberra based offices.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Develop detailed standards and procedures for the digitisation of library resources and archival materials.
- Prepare written instructions and guides for staff covering digitisation, the use of equipment, and post-processing of files.
- Set-up templates and guidelines for equipment for different scanning scenarios.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve issues of a technical nature relating to digitisation equipment.
- Provide effective training to staff both in person and online.
- Digitise and make available online selected publications and archival materials.
- Provide assistance to internal and external clients in person, by phone and online using collaborative tools.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree in a relevant area such as Librarianship or Information Management and relevant experience in a large research/academic library or cultural institution.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel) as well as scanning and processing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Bridge.
- Experience preparing standards and procedural documentation concerning the digitisation of materials.
- Significant experience in the digitisation and digital preservation of library resources and archival materials. Knowledge and experience using and applying appropriate international standards related to digitisation including file formats, metadata and technical specifications, and using relevant equipment including overhead and flat-bed scanners as well as multi-functional devices.
- Experience in preparing materials and conducting training both in person and in a virtual environment.
- Experience using a Zeutechel OS16000 or similar equipment and Omniscan.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 200637
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position