Our client is a large global resources company currently looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join their Perth team. This is a 12 months fixed term contract based in the Perth CBD.
- Management of Incidents and Requests via client ticketing system to ensure SLA's are met
- Assist in the administration of the existing computing systems and communications network.
- Assist with the client's backup procedures, as directed by Backup Administrator, Server Team.
- Respond to 3rd level resolver team request to assist in maintaining clients infrastructure stability.
- Assist in Project work as required.
- Contribute to the client's knowledge base articles.
- Ensure site computer room(s) are well maintained and monthly checks are completed as required.
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to communicate with customers at all levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in an autonomous environment with a strong focus on performance and time management.
- Effective team player with demonstrated collaborative skills in a diverse environment.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in providing second/third level IT support
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN setups and concepts
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment
- Previous experience with Anti-spyware and Anti-virus software
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, VPN, RDP
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- A solid understanding of, and experience, in IT Infrastructure technologies, Desktop Technologies, emerging technologies and trends, and support management.
- Certificate IV in Information Technology or equivalent industry experience.
- Business/Technical tertiary qualification an advantage.
- Valid Australian Drivers' License for manual vehicle.
- Working for a global company
- Central CBD location
- Great culture and team environment
If you are interested in applying, please click the link with a WORD version of your current CV.
Contact: Chathu Jayawardena 9423 1400