A leading Global IT Company is seeking to engage a number of Support Engineers to work in a Data Centre environment ensuring the availability of critical data centre infrastructure through pro-active monitoring and event management. You will have an opportunity to work for a client in the mining industry.
The successful candidate will be a true technical "all rounder" in the VMWAre/ Windows Server space forming part of a technology team of experts running an operations centre resolving critical incident to closure.
- Rapidly troubleshoot and solve complex technology problems to restore production system availability in a structured, timeous manner.
- Manage and execute infrastructure Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) processes when required.
- Review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate teams to ensure continuous improvement of the technology environment.
- Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a service impacts.
- Maintain and analyse metrics to identify trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs
- Manage technical operations with adherence to strict SLAs for Availability, Incident and Problem resolution.
- Ensure service management processes are applied properly and consistently.
Strong, recent commercial experience in the provision of data centre operation services and expertise to enterprise clients is required, specifically:
- VMWare operations
- Windows Server operations (preferably Microsoft Windows Server 2012)
- Storage technology operations (preferably EMC technologies - Data Domain, VNX, Isilon).
- Resolution of major incidents
- Monitoring critical infrastructure
People who are bilingual in Spanish are highly regarded and encouraged to apply as support is offer globally to Spanish speaking countries.