The role provides high level policy advice to support the management of copyright functions.
- Provide policy advice on highly complex, controversial copyright agreements involving multi-million dollar payments from Governments.
- Negotiates on behalf of the client with Copyright Collecting Societies
- Provide policy advice on complex legislative proposals from the Commonwealth Government on developments in copyright and their effect
- Provide high level policy advice through representation at state and national forums, membership of inter-departmental and other high level committees to ensure copyright compliance and to progress copyright reform.
- Respond to copyright and other relevant law reform inquiries on behalf the client
- Develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with stakeholders and provide them with policy advice, identify their copyright needs and enhance their understanding of copyright legislation and compliance.
- Prepare quality evidence-based written reports and correspondence which effectively communicate findings, recommend positions and identify areas for improvement to the Director, Executive Director, Copyright Advisory Groups and other leadership satkeholders
- Post admission lawyers to lawyers with up to 2 years' experience.
- Recent experience in Intellectual Property at either the undergraduate or post graduate level.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Manjita Osta at 0294094718 quoting reference number 192374.
To apply please click the "Apply Now" button and attach a copy of your up-to-date resume (preferably in MS Word format).