1.Liaise with clients and key stakeholders to evaluate the principal, technological and systemic
requirements to meet the SOW, Functional Specifications and achieve the project requirements
including carrying out site surveys and investigations, and communicating with subject matter
2. Manage single discipline projects or responsible for managing components of larger multiPage disciplined projects and/or programs.
3. Work with Senior Project Engineers/Project Managers and Program Planners on the preliminary and detailed scoping, initial costing, and planning for the project.
4. Assist the project manager in preparing the PMP and associated project documentation including safety plans, environmental plans, IWP, ITP and quality plans; detailed cost estimates, schedules and resource requirements to ensure all projects are developed in accordance with the organisation's policies and standards.
5. Assist the project manager in the setup of project controls for cost and progress reporting
6. Coordinate risk management workshops and safety reviews
7. Analyse drawings and associated design and project documentation for technical accuracy and suitability
8. Coordinate project teams to ensure assessment of safety in design and constructability reviews
9. Participate in the evaluation of tenders with respect to established specifications, ensuring the technical merits of all tenders are carefully assessed in the selection of a suitable tender
10. Monitor and report project progress against the project plan including the progress against scope, schedule performance, quality, cost, earned value and estimates to ensure project is delivered to time, cost, safety and quality standards
11. Coordinate handover process for completed works to stakeholders including obtaining their
acceptance of the works as completed and to their satisfaction
12. Coordinate the management and close out of defects and ensure re-work is captured, measured and reported
13. Establish procurement activities for project specific items that sit outside the Commercial unit tender process
14. Where project direction is given, undertake the site construction activities, mobilising, constructing and demobilising, maintaining safe work practices to successfully deliver the project objectives.
Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, (Civil, Track, Electrical, Operational Technology, Control
Systems orSignalling) or equivalent related industry experience
· Experience in project delivery and/or engineering works
· Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate and manage relationships
with multiple stakeholders to achieve client satisfaction
· Demonstrated experience in providing (relevant discipline) engineering support including
functional specification development, design coordination, safety in design, constructability
reviews, testing and commissioning and applying engineering quality
· Demonstrated experience in project management support, such as developing estimates,
preparing schedules, managing budgets and cost, planning resources, project controls and status reporting and managing quality.
· Demonstrated experience in the successful application of relevant standards such as Australian engineering and technical standards.
· Demonstrated success in managing risk and safety performance in compliance with safety
legislation, rules and procedures.