Client: Federal Government
Role: Senior Systems Engineer / System Admin X2
Duration: 3 + 6 months = 9 months
Location: Sydney CBD
Start Date: End of February
PS: Open to Australian citizens only as this role will require a highly protected security clearance.
Senior System Engineer with hands on experience with Office 365, Exchange, Enterprise Vault, Skype for Business, Windows, SCOM, SCCM and VMWare. The engineer will provide expertise in the design, implementation, configuration, and optimisation within a complex environment. The individual must have strong technical knowledge of Windows, Exchange and Skype for Business as well as the ability to evaluate and determine email and collaboration technical requirements for ongoing and future agency projects.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- 7+ years' (as a guide) experience with Systems Administration and Engineering in a Windows environment to include Office 365, Active Directory, ADFS, SCCM, SCOM, Windows Server (2012 & 2016), Skype & Exchange.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with influence stakeholders, internal teams and strategic vendors.
- Virtualization experience - VMware preferred - highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Vault archiving servers.
- Experienced working within an ITIL framework.
- Experience with Windows scripting.
- Maintaining communications with associated Stakeholders in relation to current incidents/problems, also any upcoming outages.
- Strong problem-solving skills within a complex environment.
- Provide engineering and design for complex Microsoft environments.
- Strong hands on experience in complex Microsoft Exchange enterprise environments handling exchange environments both in the cloud and on premise.
- Perform upgrades, security, virus protection, spam protection, registry, active directory, editing, system implementation, performance monitoring and problem solving for complex environments, strategic planning, functional management, and deployment of client software for mail migrations
- Experience configuring and administration of high availability environments and services.
- Provide administration and engineering support for all messaging related projects such as implementing new system or processors.
- Knowledge with capacity planning in distributed environment.
- Operating workloads within a cloud and on premises environments.
- Strong understanding of system hardening and security configuration.
- Experience in supporting exchange server health checks recommending best practices.
- Patching experience, including Office 365.
- Life cycle management of infrastructure software.
- Review, approve and schedule changes requests and maintenance activities.
- Manage and enhance a stable and robust SCOM 2016 monitoring and alerting environment.