As Senior Manager - Performance Audit your role is pivotal to the success of the performance audits you manage. Leading small teams you will project manage multiple audits that may look at any aspect of the performance of public sector entities, and how effectively, efficiently and economically their objectives are being met.
In the role of Senior Manager, you will:
* promote and model the established Queensland Audit Office core values of: Engage, Challenge, Deliver, and Care
* Project manage multiple performance audits
* Exercise highly developed analytical and conceptual skills to prepare a full audit strategy, including audit objective, scope, program and criteria in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
* Exercise sound professional judgement and scepticism to analyse, evaluate and assess the audit evidence to develop audit findings, conclusions and recommendations.
* Develop and foster strong and on-going client relationships, and confidently represent the QAO with external stakeholders, and encourage their feedback.
* Lead the drafting, writing and design of public documents such as reports to Parliament and better practice guidelines.
* Lead and manage staff and activities, ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, relevant legislative requirements and auditing standards.
* Develop innovative approaches to performance audit planning and organisational improvement to achieve excellence in client service and cost-effective operations.
* Actively build the capability of staff to meet current and future demands through effective coaching, mentoring and the implementation of professional development strategies.
* Liaise directly with Auditor-General and Deputy Auditor-General on complex audit issues, as well as professionally represent QAO in different forums with clients and stakeholders.
* Establish, maintain and expand a network of professional contacts to remain informed of relevant issues, keep abreast of contemporary performance audit principles and directions, and to advance and make recommendations on QAO Performance Audit services.
* Adhere to and advocate for a culture of quality and continuous improvement and innovation.
* Take reasonable care for your own and others' health and safety; follow health and safety instructions; and support and cooperate with health and safety systems, policies and procedures.
* Lead and actively support the management of work health and safety and the health and wellbeing of employees
Your suitability for the role will be assessed based on demonstrated knowledge, experience, achievements and abilities against the responsibilities of the role using the following key criteria.
1. Supports / shapes Strategic Direction.
* Understand the QAO's purpose and objectives and align operational plans and activities to achieve agreed outcomes.
* Analyse auditing issues and monitor the client environment to identify trends impacting performance audit outcomes.
* Apply well developed business skills to undertake systematic analysis and provide insightful recommendations that client's value.
2. Achieves results.
* Demonstrates a high level of project management skills and the ability to balance competing priorities to achieve outcomes
* Develop teams and capitalise on expertise to foster a culture of achievement that delivers results, expected outcomes and complies with regulatory requirements.
* Manage change and implement improvements effectively to meet current and future objectives.
3. Supports productive working relationships.
* Proven ability to manage effective relationships with clients and stakeholders, and foster teamwork.
* Proven leadership and management skills to drive a high-performance culture within diverse teams.
4. Displays / exemplifies personal drive and integrity.
* Demonstrate a high level of personal, professional and corporate integrity, and courage in the provision of advice.
* Demonstrate the ability to manage pressure and promote a healthy resilient team environment.
* Accept accountability and display initiative in delivering outcomes through sound decisions.
5. Communicates with influence.
* Effectively communicate to and advise senior management in a range of internal and external environments.
* Demonstrated highly developed written communication skills suitable for a variety of forums including: reports to Parliament
* Negotiate to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes while ensuring issues are effectively managed.
6. Technical / function skills.
* Relevant experience in leading professional service assignments with strong client engagement
* Project management experience with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and project teams to achieve desired outcomes
* Relevant audit and/or related experience as a business analyst or management consultant is preferred.
* Ability to guide and direct staff in the analysis of complex data and information to achieve audit objectives and provide insight.
Qualifications / Professional registration / Other requirements
* Performance audit is multi-disciplinary. Possession of an appropriate tertiary qualification and experience is preferred.
* Travel is required throughout Queensland as part of the role, sometimes at short notice. The extent of travel is dependent on the audit and is not expected to extend over long periods of time.
Senior Manager Performance Audit
|Job Title:||Senior Manager Performance Audit|
|Location:||Brisbane CBD, Queensland|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Rapley|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2018 17:46|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Internal Audit Manager
Canberra CBD, Australian Capital Territory
Burwood, New South Wales
Analytics and Performance Analyst
Burwood, New South Wales
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Senior Project Manager
Parramatta, New South Wales