We are currently seeking a Scala/Spark Developer to assist with the development of software solutions and data engineering capabilities on Big Data technologies in order to provide legally compliant solution to meet the clients legal and regulatory obligation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Utilizing open source tool sets related to the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Create high quality API's for data accessibility on the Hadoop platform that ultimately integrate with the broader environment.
- Using big data analytics techniques provide data and analytics output as required to the broader community including business partners in a manner they can understand to ensure communication and buy in.
- Code reviews and Efficient and effective code maintenance
- Developing build, test and deployment automation
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proficiency in Scala and Java is essential.
- Must have experience working with real-time ingestion, processing, and curation of data at big data scale.
- Big Data developer experience with hortonworks or Cloudera would be beneficial.
- Fundamental knowledge of Hadoop components such as Kafka, Spark, Hive, HBase etc. is mandatory.
- Previous experience developing data pipelines using Spark.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva and quote reference: Job # 201947.