Large IT Services organisation requires a a SOE Engineer to assist in a large project for 3 months.. The role will have you package applications into MSI format for delivery into a managed desktop environment. Provide 3rd level support and escalation point for desktop services for critical environment issues, problem cases and SOE design faults.
The role requires the following skills and experience:
- 4 years of managing and supporting desktop hardware and software
- 2 years' experience in SOE design, development and implementation
- Exposure to application packaging and deployment methodologies using Windows Installer technology
- Microsoft deployment methodologies for Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Exposure to the processes of Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management.
- General knowledge of varying desktop, laptop, mobility and peripheral devices
- Strong troubleshooting skills for software conflicts
- Application packaging, conflict management and verification technique using Wise Package Studio
Please apply if this is a good fit and are available to begin in September.