About the company:
Our client specialises in providing a diverse range of professional IT services and support for small to medium sized businesses and is renowned for being prompt, communicative and providing quality services to our clients.
They are a Canberra based IT MSP and IP Telephony (VOIP) provider, mainly catering to ACT market only and clients include small to medium sized businesses, NFP & Charities, Embassies, and government affiliated organizations.
They have been in business for more than 14 years, with few of their employees being part of our organization for more than 10 years now.
- Complete client life-cycle management (pre-sales/inspections, installation, troubleshooting & support, end of life & migration to newer technology, client projects).
- Dealing with both on-premises equipment, as well as cloud products.
- Network and system security improvements.
- System maintenance, and critical recurring tasks.
- Documentation and client reporting.
- Assisting and guiding junior support team based in Canberra.
- Assisting with troubleshooting or changes to internal IT network.
To be successful in this role you:
- Must have recent industry qualifications and/or vendor certifications (eg. Microsoft, CompTIA, etc) preferably obtained at least in the last 2 years.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in the setup, maintaining and troubleshooting of Microsoft Server and Exchange environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud environments (Office 365, Azure, etc).
- Experience with Active Directory and Exchange migrations to both on premises and cloud.
- A strong experience with multiple types of backup hardware and software technologies.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of networking principles (including DNS, DHCP, and VPN technologies).
- We are interested in a candidate who has a deeper knowledge or experience in the inner workings of some technologies we've mentioned. As an example - someone who has not simply had experience promoting a domain controller or adding a user account but someone who knows how to detect and recover from a USN rollback, has experience migration from FRS to DFS replication for SYSVOL or someone who knows the difference between a non- authoritative and an authoritative restore.
Other notable points
- Travel/accommodation - Keen to have them come visit initially (if feasible with Covid), and once every 4-6 months for 3-5 days (once covid has settled). Client will pay for the economy flights, and local hotel accommodation of client's selection, plus $75/day meal allowance.
- Clearance - Will require to clear Police checks and WWVP
- Visa conditions - Valid working rights in Australia (PR or citizenship)
- Employment - Full time permanent
Open to Australian citizens and PR holders
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Shah Khalid 02 6245 1726 quoting Job Reference: 237496