Our Federal Government client is seeking a Project Support Officer to support the delivery of their Data Strategy including coordination of day-to-day business activities, assisting with administering and managing data projects, liaising with stakeholders and operational reporting. The role will also support the delivery of the data literacy program through coordinating activities and development of communications materials to build data literacy and effective data management across the Agency.
This is for a long-term contract of 12 months with potential extension options. This is located at our Client's Canberra location and can also be performed remotely.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Coordinate and manage business-as-usual activities including recording and monitoring data related requests and queries
- Coordinate and generate progress reports on data activities and for project governance
- Provide administrative support for the Section e.g. scheduling meetings, minute taking, records management and documenting business processes/procedures
- Assist with the project management of data analytics projects, including preparing and updating project documents and artefacts
- Coordinate data literacy activities in consultation with stakeholders, including planning and scheduling training
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of communications materials to promote and implement the data literacy program.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Minimum 2+ years in a project support or coordination role, or project or data officer position.
- Experience in using and applying industry standard project management tools, methodologies and templates Proficiency in advanced word processing skills and experience with other computer software including PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint and MSTeams.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to efficiently respond to data related requests and queries
- Ability to provide high level administrative support and produce relevant, accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly within tight time schedules and to see projects through to completion, monitor project progress and adjust plans as required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and operate as an effective team member and engage with cross-functional multi-disciplinary agile teams
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience working on agile projects including sprint planning and task tracking using tools such as DevOps.
- Understanding of data analytics systems and processes.
- Project Management qualifications.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens who have existing Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #247411
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.