Our Federal Government Client is seeking the services of an experienced and hands-on Applications Project Manager for a long-term contract role. This is an initial engagement of 12 months, with extension options and is working from Canberra's CBD.
Within this role you will be responsible for the management of concurrent IT application implementations, within a complex, multidisciplinary environment.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Ensure delivery of the project, driving business change on behalf of the project sponsor
- Work with teams to plan, coordinate and implement the project approach, communication plans, training plans, testing approach (primarily UAT) and project transition
- Coordinate and manage vendor/s
- Engagement with and coordinate IT Application resources, Operational Area Teams and Project Steering Committee
- Work with the Enterprise & Solution Architect, Program Manager and project resources to develop and deliver to a detailed schedule
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Minimum 5-8 years managing IT Application Projects in Federal Government, with the proven ability to manage multi-vendor relationships
- Demonstrated experience managing senior project stakeholders and demonstrated experience coordinating and tasking IT resources including BA's, Developers, Testers
- Demonstrated experience in guiding business stakeholders through large process change
- Demonstrated experience in MS Project, developing and delivering to detailed schedules
- Experience in management of finance projects
- Management of RFQs (implementation) against contracted deliverables
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 198367
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold a Baseline Federal Government Security Clearance to apply.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.