Project Managers support the government agency by ensuring the high quality and consistent delivery of projects. Working under the broad direction of senior staff, they are responsible for managing the design, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of project outputs. They liaise and work with key stakeholders to foster partnerships, provide strategic advice and optimise the effectiveness of projects in their area of responsibility.
- Manage, deliver and monitor projects that may have an organisation-wide impact
- Develop, manage and implement project plans and schedules in accordance with the agency's project management framework and consider project interdependencies
- Ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
- Coordinate strategic planning for longer term project initiatives
- Research, review and evaluate projects in specific operational or technical areas
- Report on project outputs to stakeholders, and oversee regular project reporting including status updates and exception reports.
- Prepare and review written material including business cases, project management plans, reports and executive briefs
- Undertake budget management, monitor expenditure and oversee procurement and contract management
- Identify, assess, manage and escalate, report and monitor project risks, issues and benefits, including developing treatment strategies
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships and expectations to deliver projects
Must have current Baseline. Contract till 30th June 2021 with possible 24 month extensions. Canberra Location
You will have
- Proven experience managing ICT Projects in a Complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A high degree of organisational and time management skills, including demonstrated ability to meet priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Well developed written and oral communication skills, including writing Project Management Plans, Status Report and Schedules.
- Experience managing a Project Budgets
If this sounds like you please apply or contact Rachel Drury on 02 6268 9720.