We are looking for a Network Engineer to take ownership of incidents which cannot be solved immediately by level 1 support.
The primary aim of this role is to restore a failed network communications service as quickly as possible. It is also the primary role responsible for provisioning network communications devices, networks, and systems in accordance with prescribed standards.
This role is a great opportunity for a motivated network engineer to join a market leading company in the design of large enterprise and industrial networks.
Reporting to the Network Specialist, you will:
- Provides expert level support for networks.
- Identifies and analyses problems and needs of existing network systems, such as interference, intelligibility, and clarity, to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating, and avoiding current and future problems and improve
- Execution of daily, weekly, and monthly routine tasks for optimising network availability.
- Configuring, commissioning, and maintaining availability for communications devices, networks, and systems, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless infrastructure systems, and ensuring network communication systems interconnect with equipment from different manufacturers, service providers and users.
- Providing technical expertise, analysis, and support for the ongoing management of the communications network in accordance with Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and service agreements.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- 3-5+ years in Network Engineering
- Extensive experience in Cisco equipment (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, WLC, Nexus etc).
- Experience in Cisco / Nokia / Alcatel-Lucent LTE equipment.
- Advance understanding of network technologies such OSPF, BGP, MPLS.
- Proficient in the use of network management systems.
- Expert level resolution and root cause analysis of complex network incidents
- Provisioning and configuration management of network equipment
- Knowledge of ITIL principles and processes
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in network management tools such as Orion, Cisco Prime, LogRythm, Alcatel SAM, Cisco ACS / ISE.
- Diagnosing Firewall and Network Communication (LAN/WAN/LTE/WLAN) issues.
- Juniper certification
- Cisco certificates (CCNA/ CCNP)
Leadership / Interpersonal skills:
- Lead and work in a way that puts the safety and wellbeing of employees, stakeholders, and the environment first.
- Build trusting relationships based on respect, dignity, transparent communication, and cooperation.
- Develop and articulate effective business goals that take into consideration current and future organisational needs.
If you have the skills and responsibilities for this position, please apply for the role via the link below or contact me for more information -
Contact - Charlotte Tobin
Number - (08) 9423 1400
Job reference number - (214048)