We are looking for NOC Engineers to come join our busy telecommunication client.
- Monitor the health and integrity of the nation-wide network and underlying infrastructure
- Identification of network events and initiation of repair and rectification processes
- Diagnosis of fault type, cause, location and impact to Customer services
- Escalation of technical support, management and resources as per agreed process
- Use and invoke system diagnostic aids and tools
- Maintain a professional demeanour at all times and ensure that all internal and external stakeholders are treated in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a NOC in a Telco/ISP environment
- Good understanding and exposure to troubleshooting Optical technologies (CWDM/DWDM, SDH, EoSDH, SDH)
- Good understanding of network management systems (Alcatel 5620SAM, eOMS, 1350 OMS)
- Excellent understanding and experience in troubleshooting IP & Ethernet technologies
- In-Depth understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 concepts.
- Be able to work on a rotating shift roster (including nights & Weekends)
Due to the requirements of the role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or for more information and a confidential discussion on this role or any others within IT Security contact Ash Bhatia on 8080 7217.