This is a highly technical role, providing post-sales support of Junipers Network Products and as the Juniper Engineer, you will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed or to be deployed within the Customer's network.
- Analysing network and device configurations
- Providing network design leadership; assisting in identifying and building solutions
- Testing product features and functionality
- Providing deployment guidance to ensure that implementations are consistent with design specifications
- Providing informal workshops to transfer knowledge to engineering staff
- Applying industry best practices to the design, planning, and implementation of the network
- Applying extensive industry experience to optimize network performance and proactively analyse potential enhancements
- Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
This is a full-time position and may require some on call support. Technical support to the Customer may require the Juniper Engineer to:
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- Hold design and information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer's existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Understand the Customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- Carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
- To peer with other employees performing similar Engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
- 5+ years' experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
- JNCIS certification as minimum
- Prior commercial experience working on Juniper boxes.