Our client is a well known government agency based in Melbourne looking for an IT Command Centre Operator! You will be working with all technology related incidents, systems and software applications through a 6-month initial contract with an optional 6 month rolling contract extension. The IT Command Centre Operator will be a part of a team seeking hands-on experience on a series of systems and SLA's.
- As a member of the Service Operations team, you provide first point of contact for the reporting of incidents and the support for clients, responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically and advise users on appropriate action by diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues.
- On an individual basis log all Service Operations interactions using the service management tool and actively seek to resolve technology issues at the first point of contact, facilitate further escalation where required and work closely with the Level 2 Teams.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base by documenting all procedures and processes for training and reference purposes documentation.
- Ensure incident tickets are correctly classified, categorised and recorded in the Service Management tool for every failure and that it is up-to-date and maintained as the source of truth for actions, decisions and status throughout the life of the incident.
- Assist with corrective actions as required in the Production environment in line with the incident management process.
- Adhere to the ITIL framework for incidents, problem management best practices, actively making use of the Service Management tool and ensuring all KPI's defined are met.
- Assist in the resolution of high priority incidents (Priority 1 and 2) by application of ITIL best practice to ensure Incident SLAs are met.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- The candidate must state their agreement to have or obtain a baseline security clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a Service Management tool for the purposes of analysing and reporting on technology incidents and matters involving end user infrastructure support.
- Demonstrated ability to expand your technology knowledge base from a variety of different sources to provide potential solutions for end user technology and security issues.
- Sound liaison and communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to provide technical guidance and training to team members and end users when required.
- Proven customer service skills, demonstrating the ability to deal responsively, consistently, patiently and politely with a variety of service requests.
- Proven understanding of ITIL framework. ITIL certification highly desirable
- A demonstrated ability to pro-actively support a technology support and technical environment with extensive experience in the effective day to day running of technology Service Operations area.
- Demonstrated experience, and knowledge of technology systems, such as Windows, MAC and Linux operating systems, Exchange and related email systems, Active Directory as the corporate client attribute database and account management techniques & Monitoring.
This role requires either Australian Citizenship OR Permanent Residency
If this role is of interest or if you know someone in your network who may be, APPLY NOW or if you have any questions, please contact Sajith Perera on (03) 8080 7216 for more information.
Looking forward to hearing from you.