Our client is an agency within the federal government, they are currently seeking a GRC Officer to join on an initial 12 -month contract.
About the role
The GRC Officer role is responsible for supporting the Governance, Risk and Assurance Team with the management of activities and deliverables related to the delivery of Governance, Risk and Compliance.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Ensure effective scheduling and record tasking for GRC activities in the team.
- Maintaining the Risk Management Register on behalf of OCIO.
- As part of the GRC team, develop ICT security standards, policy, procedures, and controls to manage risks. Improve client's security positioning through process improvement, policy, automation, and the continuous evolution of capabilities.
- Support the evaluation of information security threats and their impact client's ICT environment
- Analyse requirements and design of clients' information security posture, as well as Legal, Regulatory and Scheme security requirements.
- Supporting the GRC team in delivery of work streams for clients in compliance standards such as the PSPF, ISM, Agency Risk Management Frameworks, and incident management disciplines.
The successful applicant will have experience in:
- 3- 5 years' experience in IT Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Understanding of International and Australian GRC standards related to ICT preferred
- Experience of risk management principles and associated methodologies
- Ideally will have a CISM qualification
- Proven ability to make sound pragmatic decisions and judgements under tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to influence and drive change in a collaborative way both internally and externally.
- Strong written communications skills.
Please be advised we can only accept applicants who are Australian Citizens.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Nakita Huynh on (03) 8080 7220 and quote job #246914