Our Client - a large Educational Institution is currently executing a number of initiatives to improve student, administrative and academic services, deliver new capabilities, drive innovation and improve solution resilience
They require a Database Administrator to analyse, execute, document and provide infrastructure implementation of a holistic Student Management System (SMS)
- Installation of Ellucian software as well as Oracle and MS SQL databases, ODI for integration and OEM.
- Database management and support- scripts for capacity management, audit rail management, error logs and setting up alerts.
- Database monitoring - deployment of OEM tool for database monitoring and alerts for capacity management.
- Attend all the solution deployment preparatory meetings and arrange for necessary infrastructure resources for the installations by liaising with various ITDS teams.
- Receive and review technical engagement documents and participate in knowledge transfer sessions.
- Attending workshops and gaining knowledge on solutions being deployed as part of new SMS solution.
- Provide technical inputs to various design decisions and infrastructure resource requirements
- Manage infrastructure resource capacity and database capacity. Ensuring adequate backup exists for all the environments
Skills and experience:
- Oracle and MS SQL database administration essential, ODI for integration and OEM. Ellucian Banner SMS favourable
- Strong understanding of the full ICT stack.
- Experience in large scale ERP deployments and in Higher Education institutions
- Highly developed interpersonal, written, analytical, research, planning, problem solving and organisational skills and can work across functional/ technical teams as part of solution definition.
- Ability to challenge vendor views and work alongside, and in alignment with internal technical and database administration and governance.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/ or equivalent industry experience in database administration.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jan Hundleby on 02 8267 2469 quoting reference 210604
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.