The Department is seeking to engage an Azure Data Engineer to support a new initiatives within the Information Services Branch (ISB). The Projects will require the services of an experienced Azure Data Engineer to work in a multidiscipline team to work across various projects and disciplines within the organisation.
In addition to working with project stakeholders and mentoring other Azure Data Engineers you will work within the organisation's Azure cloud capability and be responsible for:
- Designing and developing end-to-end optimised data pipelines
- Designing and developing complex data transformations
- Designing and developing Power BI reports
- Designing and developing API's
- Designing and developing complex database entities
- Data modelling
- Maintain and extend DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Maintaining and extending project documentation
- Working to meet business, technical and user requirements
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Azure Data Factory (authoring and monitoring Pipelines, Datasets and Data Flows).
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Databricks and one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Scala or Spark SQL.
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, SQL Server and SQL scripting.
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Database Design, Data Modelling and Azure Data Lake Gen 2.
- Demonstrated experience utilising PowerBI (Administration and Development).
- Demonstrated experience with API Development.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure: Blob Storage, Key Vault and DevTestLabs
Due to the security clearance required for the role the applicants must be an Australian Citizen with minimum Baseline security clearance
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting reference 210542.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.