Our Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled Azure Automation Engineer with a sound understanding of cloud architecture and services and are responsible for providing expert advice with regards to Azure implementations. This role is a technical, services-orientated role that collaborates closely with architects, developers, and on-premises operations staff. This role is responsible for automating and supporting Azure testing, development, administration, and maintenance.
This is a long-term contract role for 6 months with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and automating manual processes for new systems and products.
- Maintaining existing integration and delivery pipelines, ensuring processes are standardised and reused.
- Providing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) support to all development and production environments.
- Maintaining, configuring and developing dynamic containerised environments in support of development and production. This ranges from greenfield serverless environments to full stack brownfield environments.
- Reducing the time it takes to build, deploy, and configure software to all environments.
- Joint owner of all development and release tooling, processes and architecture.
- Assisting in developing application monitoring solutions across cloud and on-prem solutions.
- Working with development and operations teams to offer automation as a service across domains, products and services.
- Documenting processes and work on handover materials for other IT staff.
The key technical skills required for the role are:
- Azure DevOps, Docker, GitHub, Virtualisation, Web services, REST, Gateways and Proxies, API Gateways, DNS, CloudFlare, Azure Resource Manager, Application Insights.
It is desirable if you have experience in:
- Splunk, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker Compose
Due to our client's requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 204857
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.