Our client is looking for 1 Automation Tester/Specialist to join their team for an initial 6 months contract.
Int his role, the Automation Tester will be responsible for:
Test Planning and Documentation
* Operationalise testing strategies to deliver the desired test outcomes for the team, and document them to the appropriate level of detail.
* Responsible for developing ways of working and test engagement practices in collaboration with members of your own team as well as with various stakeholder groups, and document these.
* Provide direction and supervision for larger pieces of work (projects) or multiple pieces of work in terms of testing.
* Review and contribute to technical designs, describing the solution to fulfil functional specifications to ensure traceability to business requirements. This covers application, data and infrastructure components of the solution.
* Participate in inception and estimation sessions to - develop cost and effort estimates on the proposed solution and testing effort including implementation and costs of operation, or support team estimate processes.
* Create new automated tests for test data creation, in-sprint automated testing of new functionality, automated shakeout testing of the continuous integration pipeline, and robust automated regression testing.
Methods and Practices
* Create and deploy standards, methods and procedures for the organisation
* Ensure testing activities are carried out in accordance with the above.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of work practices and the quality of the systems.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following skills:
* Experience in planning, coordinating and reporting on test efforts for projects.
* Experience in context-based and risk-based testing of complex business applications
* Expertise in the use of a BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) framework based on Cucumber
* Experience in using automation tools such as Selenium and Capybara for UI interfaces, Mongoid for data handling, contract testing, etc.
* Programming expertise in Ruby and Java
If you feel you can hit the ground running, please click 'apply now'
For more information about this role, please call Meg Geronimo at 8267 4600 quoting job# 237069