Working for a global logistics in a friendly and well-connected team you will be instrumental in helping them with application support and development (60/40) on business critical systems.
Your main duties in this role will include the following:
- To ensure maximum availability of applications at all sites.
- Ensure prioritisation criteria are applied to have the most urgent changes gets implemented on time.
- To be able to do systems performance management which involves diagnosis of server issues impacting application performance (Windows and Linux).
- Responsible for Application Server maintenance - system and archive log management, scripting, and service management
- Escalation point of the maintenance, administration and support of critical systems/applications
- Responsible for progressive Software / Application Upgrade or releases across multiple sites and/or environments
- Monitoring and managing the configuration of the production, test and DR environments and standardising where possible.
- Perform feasibility studies and formulate alternative solutions
- Research, examine and select methods and procedures used for obtaining solutions and create technical information to design
- Coordinate acceptance testing and transition
- Conform to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and contribute to improving processes
- Support organisational change to maximise the likelihood of successfully implementing solutions and delivering expected business benefits
Experience, skills, and qualifications
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- Demonstrable experience
- ITIL Foundation certification - Desirable
- Application support and Unit Testing experience, with current active knowledge of relevant software tools
- Application troubleshooting skills, such as use of command tools, shell scripting, able to read programming languages, installation of business-critical applications.
- Full software development life cycle and methodologies working on Tomcat, WebLogic or similar middleware server environment
- Working knowledge of security roles, issues and risks in a medium level enterprise
- Working in BAU environment as well on Projects - work balance with BAU (50%) - Projects (50%)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills - including leadership and business liaison skills
- Knowledge of customer service level agreements (SLAs)
- Key skills required are JAVA, Web service, PL/SQL, JMS, XML, XSD, HTML, SOAP, CSS
- Desirable skills Oracle Service Bus (OSB), BPEL, SOA, Spring, Hibernate and REACT
- Min 3+ years of Java and J2EE design & programming including web development experience and intermediate level of knowledge and experience in the following: EDI Messaging concepts, WLI /OSB Development,SOA / BPEL Development,Java (J2EE) Programming,Oracle SQL and PL/SQL,Shell Scripting
This role will be well suited to an experienced support professional with Java programming skills. The role will be varied and training will be given. If you are interested to explore this role further, please forward you application today and quote #243299