You'll be a solid full stack/NodeJS coder that is passionate about your work, you'll speak strongly about your ideas and be wise enough to reshape ideas when the situation presents. You'll own the code and take every opportunity to make it better, stronger, faster. One of the best things we offer is the chance to learn whilst taking our apps in directions that you'd like to explore.
It'll be your job to know the ins and outs of each software component, and each stage of development, so you can:
- Ask the right questions to keep things moving forward
- Spot potential design/coding gaps and risks (and assess their impact)
- Deliver solutions across a range of feature requests and integrations - yes, you'll have some web interaction as well as getting dirty with coders from other teams
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with different areas of the business - from stakeholders and Project Managers to Technical Services and Asset Specialists
- Keep records via JIRA and GitHub, and other documenting systems as need be
- Make significant design decisions - and recognise when changes need to be made.
- Ability to socialise and get acceptance on suggested solutions and bold enough to question the existing approach if you see a better way to do things
We're after someone who's ready to jump right in and learn and challenge. You'll be comfortable working in complex technical situations, and courageous in your approach to problem solving.
You'll be part of a digital team of 60+, and a Scrum squad of 5-6 members - so you need to be ready to think fast, challenge expectations, take risks and collaborate with those around you. (OMG they didn't say agile! Wait. What?)
Ready to jump on board?
Your professional background experience should include
- 3+ years hands-on Enterprise NodeJS development experience
- Broad knowledge of modern microservices patterns in a cloud native context
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia. Please only apply if you meet the above skills and experiences.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact <Chris Yang> quoting reference: <186276>.
Please click the apply button.