The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing delivery of transformation projects within ICT Services Branch.
- Define project scope, requirements and acceptance criteria for the Agency's Future Operating Environment.
- Develop and maintain project documentation throughout the project lifecycle including project schedule, project management plan, external costing requests, communications plan, test plan, and change plans as appropriate.
- Identify, assess, and manage project dependencies, risks and issues and escalation appropriately as circumstances dictate.
- Develop and maintain realistic project schedule and resourcing plans for the whole project lifecycle.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders including the ICT Committee and CIO as required by circumstances and the project communications plan.
- Establish a collaborative working culture and environment within the project team, with external delivery teams and stakeholders.
- Establish effective working relationships with project sponsors and relevant business teams as well as Services Australia and their delivery teams to ensure smooth implementation and effective engagement in project delivery.
- Plan and manage periodic project and stakeholder review meetings (as per agreed communications and governance models) to ensure up to date communication of project status.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in digital transformation projects including Cloud Service migrations
- Demonstrated experience working successfully as a Project Manager delivering business systems solutions via technology providers in complex programs and projects;
- Strong Project Management process knowledge and experience, in both Agile and Waterfall environments;
- Demonstrated delivery experience of technical systems and operational improvements in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking quality management activities such as peer and quality reviews of specifications and design documents and participation in solution reviews, ensuring designed solutions meet business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting project delivery strategies, plans and governance activities to diverse groups including business, technical management.
- Well-developed communication, influence and negotiation skills.
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 239871