The clients Infrastructure Services is running many initiatives to implement infrastructure road maps and lifecycle management of various infrastructure platforms. Infrastructure Services embracing cloud computing to deliver its services to its clients with faster and with more agility. The journey to cloud required working closely with the rest of the Information Technology teams in the organization as well as other teams like legal, finance, and procurement.
Title: Project Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computing
Initial 12 months rolling contract
Location: Sydney- Redfern
The Infrastructure Service unit has a requirement for an experienced Project Manager with a strong background in Infrastructure Solutions and Cloud Computing to manage the roadmap initiatives including end to end delivery of the Infrastructure cloud computing strategy.
The suitable candidate will possess strong communication skills and excellent stakeholder management skills, and be able to show a strong record of accomplishment in managing variety of cloud computing and infrastructure solutions in large complex environments including system integration.
Key to the success of the role is strong project planning and project initiation skills. The role will involve liaising and driving stakeholders across a fast-paced business environment.
- Minimum of 10 years (as a guide) of experience in managing the end to end implementation and delivery of different infrastructure solutions in both government and private sector.
- Advanced understanding of Cloud Computing and Managed Services space
- Deep technical capability in end to end infrastructure service delivery, including Compute, Storage, Networking, Security and other infrastructure solutions.
- Solid understanding for different datacentre virtualization technologies and SDDC concept
- Advanced knowledge of the major hyper cloud players in the market.
- Proven skills and success in managing complex and/or high-risk projects with multiple stakeholders preferably within government organisations.
- Qualifications in project management methodologies (e.g. Prince2, PMBOK).
Previous experience in the following is a plus
- Provisioning of IS Cloud Strategy - delivery of foundation services
- Overseeing the delivery of high priority infrastructure road map initiatives