Our CBD based client is looking for an experienced Web Services Developer, with skills across both PL/SQL and Java. This is an initial 12 month contract with good options to extend. This role is required to delivery system enhancements to existing systems. You may be required to work weekends and Public holidays, but an uplifted rate will be offered for these times.
Duties will include:
- Participate in the development of functional specifications for designated projects in conjunction with the Customer
- In conjunction with business analysts and other project staff, interpret user requirements and applicable policies and procedures
- Analyse user requirements and functional specifications
- Analyse legacy applications and code base
- Develop technical designs
- Develop and test system objects
- Complete unit testing, conformance to specification
- Participate in and/or run testing stages - including Test Case Review, System Test, Systems Integration Testing and support User Acceptance Testing
- Participate in system quality reviews as required
- Promote system changes within approved change management procedures
- Participate in the development of options to resolve identified issues
- Report task progress on weekly basis to project management; and
- Provide post implementation support as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive software development experience including analysis and enhancement of existing applications
- Extensive experience with complex software applications relevant to a revenue collection or financial management environment
- Extensive experience in an Oracle development environment including recent experience with a similar technical platform.
- Developing web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP and XML);
- Complex Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) development
- Oracle Enterprise Edition database 12c version, including the use of stored database procedures using PL / SQL
- Ability to work with project managers, business analysts, other application developers and change management teams
- Experience in unit, system integration, functional and non-functional testing
- Ability to deliver assigned work packages within agreed schedules
If you are currently residing in WA and have the experience required, please Apply Now, or call Gayle Truslove on 08 9423 1400 quoting job ref:203145 for a confidential discussion.
Please be aware that due to current border closures, we are unable to consider applications from candidates residing anywhere, other than WA.