We are currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Business Analyst to work for a leading Financial Services organization based in the CBD.
How your role makes a difference
- You are part of a technology products and services division, that creates market differentiation through deployment of resilient, innovative technology and contemporary methods, at scale.
- This role is the key liaison between business subject matter experts and agile development teams. The role contributes to refine the solution to optimally meet business needs within known constraints (time, budget, quality, regulations, and others).
- For your role to make a difference, you will be customer focused, results driven and able to work collaboratively with our people, customers, and partners. You will be passionate about developing your skills to best practice and delivering enhanced customer and business outcomes.
- You will cultivate innovation within your team and partners and will demonstrate and encourage life-long learning.
- You will also develop your capabilities and skills so that they can be utilized more broadly within Technology.
- Enable teams to activate end to end digital experiences for customers, colleagues, and partners, that are more secure, robust, and scalable than ever before, and deliver them with lightning speed
- Bring thought leadership in your field of expertise to support the planning and execution of Technology's strategic priorities, contemporary operating model, and business plan
- Contribute to both Technology and our client's performance with insights, collaborative input and expertise that promotes value creation, innovation, managed risk, and improved performance
- Continue to develop and plan for future growth, enabling enterprise programs and managing products and services across the entire client's estate.
- Demonstrate the client's purpose and provide leadership to staff and partners that enables, promotes, and always demands our clients' behaviors
- Ensure a workplace of safety and wellbeing for our people
- Contribute to your team's performance by taking on broader accountabilities that reflect your capabilities, skills, and development goals to contribute to your team's success.
Your current accountabilities will also require you to:
- Role model analysis best practice
- Leadership of the analysis function and systems within larger initiatives/projects to deliver enhanced customer and business outcomes
- Support ongoing learning and development of business analysis specialists
- Requirements Management / Elicitation / Analysis and Documentation
- Identify, understand, analyze, and communicate the customer process and information requirements of the overall solution, through business requirements
- Develop functional specifications, describing the process and conceptual information requirements of a business requirement via appropriate methods, models, and descriptions
- Provide analytical direction and supervision for larger pieces of work or multiple pieces of work
Capabilities, Skills and Qualifications
- Review and contribute to technical designs, describing the solution to fulfil functional specifications to ensure traceability to business requirements.
- Develop cost and effort estimates on the proposed solution and analysis effort including implementation and costs of operation, or support team estimate processes
- Identify and formally capture initiative/project risks and issues
- Contribute to the quality and completeness of test cases and other relevant artefacts
Methods and Practices
- Contribute to the quality of business requirements, ensuring all functional specifications and non-functional requirements are defined and captured
- Contribute to ensuring that all analysis and design tasks are carried out in accordance with the organizations agreed standards, methods, and procedures
- Build effective working relationships with large and complex initiative/project stakeholders
- Align business and technology stakeholders around objectives and priorities
- Help guide and educate key stakeholders to enable informed decision making
- Actively participate in and contribute to communities of practice
- Coach and mentor in analysis management discipline
- Collaborates - contributes independently
- Cultivates innovation - contributes independently
- Customer focus- contributes independently
- Drives results- contributes independently
- Nimble learning - contributes independently
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Solution Evaluation
- Understanding of the 3-tiered architecture (Client, API, Backend)
- Tech Savvy
- Ability to investigate Restful APIs including json configuration files
- Experiencing writing User Experience Flows (Process mapping)
- Solid understanding of the agile mindset principles and ceremonies.
- Previous experience writing User Stories including Acceptance Criteria, Business Rules, RAIDs
- Solid experience in traditional agile teams including interactions with various roles including UX, Product Owner, Development teams etc.
- Strong experience using and building Confluence documentation and JIRA projects.
- Strong communication and ability to converse with different audiences including stakeholders, developers, and product owners.
- Experience in the FinTech industry.
- Experience in tools including postman, sql clients, notepad ++, vi.
- 6+ years of IT experience specializing in business process and systems analysis
- Agile SDLC experience
- Waterfall SDLC experience
- Formal Analysis Management qualifications
- 3+ years' experience working with 3rd parties/vendors
- 2+ years' experience in matrix management organizations
If you have the experience to be successful and seek your next career opportunity, please APPLY NOW or call/email James McLaughlin on 03 8080 firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.