The role is to provide highly skilled technical support to the Operational Systems Support (OSS) Manager, focused on supporting and maintaining Operational Technology systems in secured, segregated networks. Systems that fall within the remit of OSS include, but are not limited to hardware level support, domain administration, server build and configuration, network security design, support for field systems, proprietary and COTS integration, solution design and delivery, monitoring & alerting and support for tier 1 and tier 1 safety systems.
All work is to be performed with the safety of field staff, customer, and assets as a primary focus.
- Provide expert technical support to the OSS Manager
- Coordinate Operational Systems activities balancing Operational and Project demands
- Represent Operational Systems at Project meetings
- Liaise with Business unit managers to understand and meet Operational needs
- Support and guidance to other members of the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of, and extensive experience on Operational Technology systems
- Technical Lead experience on projects relating to OT systems
- Experience in managing multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Maturity in working within a team - ability to lead when required
- Significant experience in supporting and maintaining multiple key business applications or significant specialist experience supporting applications applicable to the role
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Strong understanding of the principles, development and the effective application of system support and maintenance practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for change focused on safety, security, quality, continuous improvement and operation efficiency
- Experience in working within project teams to deliver project outcomes.
- Strong development experience in languages relevant to OT including, PERL, bash, PowerShell, ASP, PHP, C#, C++, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, Mysql SQL and their common protocols and data: HTTP, ajax, Rest, json, SOAP, XML, CSV
- Determination of requirements, and the development of application maintenance and support procedures, and operational utilities
- Extensive experience in the administration of operating systems (Windows and Linux/UNIX). Ability to leverage OS facilities for application support purposes
- Working knowledge of network architecture and design principles especially related to segregation of secure network elements such as DMZs, management, and control networks.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing and competing priorities
- Knowledge of Field Mobility cloud applications, such as MSA (Mobile Switching Allocation) and FRR (Field Resource Requester) is desirable but not essential.