- 6 month contract
- Government Client
- Rhodes location
Due to continued business growth, we're seeking an experienced Storage and Backup engineer to provide 2nd or 3rd level storage and backup support using the relevant Storage and Backup toolsets.
The SME is responsible to undertake all storage design, implementation, maintenance and monitoring tasks as directed and resolve and/or implement all assigned Tickets including Incidents, Problems, Service Requests and Changes.
The role involves SAN builds/rebuilds, Software installation, Backup Configuration and management acting as the Technical SME to the members of the support team. The Specialist proactively escalates issues at risk of impending Service Level Agreement failure or adversely impacting on the delivery of Services to the client.
You will be working in a large level 3 team to provide reactive and proactive services to a large government client specifically in backup and storage management, planning and solutions delivery.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in the design and provision of Storage and Backup technical services in a large distributed client environment with multiple backup and storage solutions in place.
- Expert in Backup Administration and Design - Commvault, EMC Datadomain
- Storage Technologies across multiple vendors and Tiers, particularly: - NetApp Dell EMC (Unity and Isilon)
- A solid understanding of Windows, Linux, Unix Server platforms is required.
- Ability to plan and execute proactive tasks to keep the Storage and Backup environments running smoothly and efficiently
- Ability in solving complex Storage and Backup problems in large scale environments - must show excellent technical and client management skills
- Experience with capacity planning within Storage and Backup environments
- Demonstrated experience working well within a large delivery team to tight Service level Agreement metrics
- Demonstrated experience in an ITIL service environment working with strict adherence to Change Management, Incident management and Problem Management
- Demonstrated experience in working in a project team with successful outcomes