A highly flexible, industry leading organization with global reach is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with exceptionally strong C, C++ development skills for a permanent role located in the Perth CBD. (Jan 2019 start)
The role will be responsible for analysis, design and implementation of software products, which includes image preparation, compression and serving technology.
There is an opportunity to work with a dynamic development team and be an integral part of the development process working towards delivery of highly innovative software products.
- Analysis, design and implementation of software systems;
- Create, maintain, enhance and support software products, installers and automated build and test systems;
- Create and maintain testing suites and benchmarking tools for the software products and SDKs;
- Monitor and deploy updates to a live cloud environment hosting the software;
- Liaise with support and customers to ensure the scope and requirements of the software are adequately met;
- Provide technical support and resolve problems for existing customers;
- Write documentation in accordance to the client standards;
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to resolve technical issues.
Key Skills include:
- Strong, recent, commercial experience with C, C++ software development;
- Practical experience with web standards and related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, JSON, CSS, HTML);
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment and have a proven ability to manage concurrent activities effectively;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well within a team environment;
- Self motivated and creative, out of the box thinker;
- Someone who appreciates a challenge and is willing to work within a multi platform environment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Degree in software engineering or a relevant discipline.
- GIS/mapping/image processing experience is highly desirable;
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud platform experience;
- Programming in multi-tier client/server systems.
- Industry leading, global company;
- Friendly, dynamic team environment;
- Ongoing training and development opportunities;
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies;
- Flexible working hours;
- Discounts on health and other insurance products.
If you have the experience we are seeking above and would like to be considered, please apply now with a resume detailing all relevant experience.
Contact: Lisa Williams - (08) 9423 1400 (Job reference: 190032)