Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing code, reviewing pull requests and submitting issues to a variety of open-source geospatial Python projects.
- Leading the design and implementation of new Open Data Cube features, in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Building scientific data workflows in AWS, transforming petabytes of earth observation data.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced Python programming knowledge to achieve high quality software solutions.
- Experience in design, development, and testing of software applications for the delivery of robust solutions on Linux platforms.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders whose backgrounds range from fellow software developers to senior executives and remote sensing scientists.
- Demonstrated flexibility, client-focused attitude, and ability to adapt to team-work culture and environment
- Experience with data processing for scientific purposes.
- Geospatial application design and development.
- High Performance Computing, highly parallelized workflows and/or working with large amounts of data.
- Working with cloud infrastructure, Docker and or Kubernetes.
For more information or to apply, please contact Smilin John on 02 6268 9720 quoting Job Reference: 214753