Senior Project Manager - Wealth/Banking
Globalisation, shrinking profits and increasing regulation currently push banks to completely rethink how they work and operate. While other industries have already used new technologies, automation and outsourcing to their advantage, the finance industry has just begun. This makes it one of the most exciting areas of IT.
This business is considered to be the world's leading developer of core retail banking and wealth management platform solutions. With more than 100 clients internationally, they are implementing major banking solutions in the Australian market across Business Process Outsourcing.
As a result, they are seeking a Senior Project Manager for a permanent position based in Melbourne. This is a client facing role and an exciting opportunity to lead one of the largest customers in the region; assisting them in all aspects of implementing a new outsirced business process. Responsibilities include taking the project through from requirements, planning, build/ customization, integration, deployment, acceptance and manage budget, margin and profitability of the project. We are looking for Project Managers who have expertise in Australian Banking, Accounting and Tax as well as technical IT Banking Systems experience.
- Previous experience working with a consultancy on large, complex software projects, ideally in Finance/banking
- Expertise as a Project Manager in Banking/IT managing projects in the private banking, investment banking and wealth management sector
- Good Knowledge in Project Methodology and best practice, familiarity with project management tools
- Excellent leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to manage projects from initiation to closure and be accountable for project results
- Experience working with stakeholders to complete statement of work outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Outstanding Academic qualifications (university or institute of higher education) in the field of Economics, IT or Banking etc
This is an opportunity to join a fast growing international banking software group which combines knowledge of financial industry with strong engineering skills.