The role will primarily focus on remediation of the code base as required to deliver a critical project. Other activities may include:
- Develop and deliver users stories / requirements.
- Supporting the business analyst in gathering requirements so they can be turned into functional and design specifications.
- Documenting the process as we migrate in preparedness for handover into BAU.
- Contribute to workshops with key stakeholders.
- Modify and troubleshoot applications programs and liaise with users.
- Writing/updating test automation scripts.
To be considered you MUST have practical hands on experience in the following:
- Strong skills in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Strong skills in Oracle Reports development and using Oracle Reports Builder.
- Strong Unix/Linux scripting.
- Proficiency in J2EE.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Working with other software leads on developing continuous integration (CI) pipeline and unit test automation.
- Working in a delivery team to meet customer / stakeholder expectations.
- Analysing Business requirements.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong focus on quality.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Financial advice industry experience.
- Demonstrated time management skills including ability to multi-task, work under pressure and prioritise accordingly.
The following experience and skillsets will also help set you up for success:
- Setting up highly available environments.
- Experience of Artifactory and GitHub desirable.
- AWS infrastructure knowledge desirable.
- AWS Oracle RDS database knowledge desirable.
- Understanding of general Security best practises.
- JIRA/Confluence/QTest experience.
- Writing test automation scripts.
- Architectural knowledge (e.g. knowledge micro-services, middleware, APIs, digital clients).