This role primarily focuses on supporting the 5G rollout, RF planning team, RF performance team and modernization / upgrade work carried out by vendors, ensuring pre and post works performance and CX KPIs are maintained. Support the team on RF Planning/EME management, Integration, Optimisation and Performance Management of the 3G/4G/5G Mobile Radio Access Network. Senior Engineer is required to lead technical projects where required, explore optimisation solutions to address CX issues and problem solve Cx issues in the network.
The Senior Network Engineer will primarily be responsible for:
- Manage the performance of state 3G/4G/5G mobile networks ensuring that radio KPIs are met.
- Responsible for State/Area level Network Performance KPIs. Produce quarterly Planning/Performance Reviews with results and plans including monthly updates to Team Lead.
- Actively contribute in in carrying out functional testing on 5G POC sites, 5G FWA customers visit and troubleshooting, 5G RSD review, FWA dossier preparation, 5G sites performance monitoring, 5G sleeping cell identification and rectification.
- Participate in Special Event capacity planning that includes performance monitoring and field testing to ensure Performance KPI Targets are met.
- Monitor network performance, user experience and worst performing cells to identify the cause of problem (e.g. Capacity upgrades for Transmission, Channel Elements, Carrier addition and new sites etc.). Conduct feature and parameter trials with input and assistance from ANPQ National team.
- Support Service Management team in resolving customer complaints that include Public & Corporate Inbuilding/Repeater solutions.
- Assist with new product testing and integration into the production network; raise any faults for resolution prior to deployment.
- Conduct Network Planning & Design reviews by identifying requirements for new base station infrastructure or network re-arrangements (i.e. new sites, sector adds, technology overlays etc.) with regards to network performance enhancements.
Required experience, understanding or credentials in:
- A minimum of 7 years Radio Access Network (RAN) experience in Mobile Telecommunications Industry encompassing WCDMA, LTE, 5G FWA, IoT mobile network technologies.
- Extensive understanding of network performance metrics, counters and KPIs.
- Profound experience with NSN and/or Huawei RAN equipment, features and algorithms.
- In depth experience with Drive Testing Tools (NEMO etc.), Post Processing Software (ActixOne), MapInfo, RF Planning Tools (Atoll) and OSS Platforms (M2000, PRS, NetAct, EMM, ENIQ).
- Experience in Inbuilding system design and solutions.
- Understanding of Australian Telecommunications Regulatory standards i.e. Australian Communications Management Authority (ACMA), Mobile Carriers Forum (MCF) and Electro Magnetic Emissions (EME) compliance.
If you have the experience to be successful and seek your next career position, then please APPLY NOW or Call John on 03 8080 7260 for more information.