Overview of proposed project
We are seeking experienced COBOL/Mainframe developers to undertake technical research and analysis to drive the design, and the development of high-quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements.
They lead and provide technical management. The COBOL developer operates with a significant degree of independence and works under the broad guidance of a manager to deliver quality outcomes. They operate with a high level of autonomy, with decision- making highly dependent on their own judgment.
Key Tasks / Duties may include:
- translate technical and market trends into development strategy
- accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
- ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
- implement methodology, manage and lead change and actively contribute to the
- agency's strategic direction
- develop strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
- ensure development productivity and excellence in quality
- conduct impact analysis, evaluate, and report on technical feasibility and risks for development projects
- proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues
- oversee operations of teams, including providing a clear sense of direction, setting work priorities and managing resources
- provide direction and support to development teams to ensure high quality solution realisation
- resolve very complex, sensitive and/or escalated technical issues
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience as a highly specialised COBOL/Mainframe Developer
- Demonstrated experience delivering end to end solutions and leading a team of developers in a complex environment.
- Ability to analyse complex systems, understand architecture and produce high level designs and Solution documents
- Sound understanding of different design patterns and hands on experience with delivering solutions using JavaEE, web services, Git and DB2.
- Understands relational database concepts and the use of SQL, and implement high performance database solutions
- Understands Agile concepts and delivers work in Agile environment
For more information or to apply, please contact Cinar Irfan on 02 6268 9702 quoting Job Reference: 236895