This role will work in the computing team to develop, implement, test, and improve a wide range of software and algorithms in suitable programming languages.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and test scientific computing software in suitable languages such as Python and Fortran, in high performance Linux environments.
- Implement and improve scientific algorithms for data processing and modelling, in collaboration with geoscientists.
- Apply software development best practices including continuous integration/delivery, refactoring, unit-testing, and automation.
- Report to the team lead and support the collaborative team culture, including agile Sprint workflow.
- Prepare and update systems documentation, including user guides and developer manuals
- Assist with the delivery of user-training workshops when required.
- Write, present and publish scientific computing results in appropriate professional forums.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Degree and Qualification in software engineering, mathematics and physics or related field of science.
- Demonstrated experience with Python programming languages and packages. And experience with Fortran and C programming languages.
- proven ability to write systems documentation, such as design specifications, installation guides, and user manuals.
- Extensive experience in numerical analysis software; and in using High-Performance Computing environments, such as Linux clusters.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who are able obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 208955
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.