This is a rare opportunity to join what we believe to be one of Adelaide's most exciting, under the radar companies. Just a small example of what makes them brilliant (putting aside their advanced AI platform solution which is soon to dominate their space in recent partnerships with the worlds most iconic brands) it's their human element, their people based culture which has remained unchanged even through vast growth and success.
Our client is a local success story who have developed a unique application gaining incredible traction within the international market.
As part of their continued global success, a new opportunity has become available for a Senior Ruby Developer to join their team. As part of this role you will provide your expertise as a subject matter expert in the development and implementation of API services which are consumed at securely and at scale on the Internet.
Key skills and experience:
* Experience with Rest API development, integration & API version management
* Sound knowledge of Ruby on Rails & writing back end code
* Strong skills with a relational database (ideally Postgres)
* Ability to form & implement secure, performant & scalable architectural designs that meet
* Test driven development
* Ability to debug and track down issues
* Experience with background job/batch processing
* Familiar with Linux environments
* Degree in Software Engineering or 5 years+ in a development role.
While not essential, any experience with Ejabberd, Redis, Sidekiq, Cassandra will be ideal as will experience running applications on the cloud (ideally AWS, Aurora). Experience building large scale global architectures is also highly desirable.
You are a motivated and engaged individual with tenacious problem-solving skills, attention to detail and a true passion for creating high quality code. You also enjoy working part of a collaborative team and an understanding of Agile development methodologies such as Scrum will also be highly favourable.
If I've sparked your interest and your keen to have a chat about this opportunity as well as learn further on what makes this employer brilliant, please apply today or for a chat please contact Katrina or Karen on (08) 8112 7400.