This organisation is an national and international powerhouse in the education and research sectors, working on acclaimed and forward thinking projects everyday.
This particular department is critical to achieving ongoing and continuous improvement in their success through the development, maintenance and support of the enterprise IT solutions in addition to a range of small to medium solutions. You will be part of a department that assists the in achieving its strategic objectives, prioritising services that support research & innovation, learning & teaching, and the student experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Undertake programming and development of applications and integrations.
- Analyse requirements outlined by Business Analysts, Support Analysts and key stakeholders, then document and design programming solutions.
- Analyse errors in applications, determine appropriate steps to resolve the errors, and implement the fix.
- Regularly act as team lead for two or more contractors working on projects within the team, guiding their work and ensuring that the software they deliver conforms to ICT standards and norms, and is functional and supportable.
- Devise and maintain development standards in the area of team leadership specialisation in collaboration with team members, and guide development so that the standards are adhered to. Ensure that the standards are kept up to date with state of the art, and ensure that team members can keep up to date by guiding and training them.
- Determine optimal designs in consultation with Business Analysts and Architects and other appropriate technical specialists.
- Design solutions to meet current agreed standards such as Object Oriented design, Service Oriented Architecture and other loose coupling design techniques.
- Prepare effective programming specifications, and program to meet those specifications.
- Adhere to the appropriate Software Development Lifecycle.
- Analyse and solve logical problems.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
- Extensive knowledge of a range of development tools and MVC web frameworks
- Extensive experience with databases such as Oracle and MySQL
- Extensive Object Oriented design, development, and analysis experience.
- Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience, with experience working with REST and SOAP interfaces
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of complex programming specifications
- Extensive experience undertaking design and programming in a large organisation
- Demonstrated experience administering and deploying applications on Linux/Unix systems
- Experience in enterprise integrations (with middleware technologies)
- Significant understanding of and experience with the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies to deliver software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in the policies, procedures and standards applicable to the software development lifecycle. Experience in writing documentation and reports for different audiences.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Aparna Sharma or Nick Munro quoting: 195167 or please click the apply button.