Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Project Scheduler for a contract role until 30 June 2019 with extension options at their location in Canberra.
The services will include and not be limited to:
- Developing and maintaining detailed project schedules for multiple projects
- Evaluating project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas
- Assisting to setup tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project requirements as scheduled
- Creating and maintaining project time-lines and maintaining a database of tasks and tasking status
- Liaising with customer and project staff to schedule work and coordinate assignments
- Liaising with project team and task managers to define scope of work to develop and maintain detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan
- Analysing critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend corrective actions
- Maintaining accurate documentation in relation to project schedules
- Producing and disseminating regular reports on progress against schedules
- Documenting and disseminate issues affecting project progress against schedule and the recommended alternate approaches
- Providing reports on effort expended on project tasks against planned effort
- Skills and experience in forensic analysis of detailed and complex project schedules and ability to provide fully analysed documented options
- Sound understanding and operating knowledge of scheduling methodologies
- Ability to effectively and flexibly operate in a complex, demanding and high-risk environment with a high degree of responsibility
- Proven experience in managing releases and adhering to stage gates
- Ability to initiate opportunities for continuous improvement by identifying inconsistencies and risks in processes and systems
- Experience with building and maintaining effective working relationships, the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical staff, executive, managers, and subject matter experts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Specified Personnel must hold a current Australian Government Security Clearance (AGSVA) or be willing to undergo and obtain an AGSVA clearance (Baseline clearance as a minimum)
- Relevant scheduling qualifications
- Specified Personnel must be willing to undergo and obtain an Employment Suitability Clearance (ESC)
- Understanding of agile delivery methodology
To progress with this opportunity, or to find out more about the role, please reach out to Marina Stojchevska on 02 6245 1724.
Job Reference: 187836
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in the position.