NSW Government Deaprtment
Long term contract
About the role
The Network Operations Support Officer provides technical assistance, information and support to users to solve reported issues, manage general issues and prepare summary reports for the management, monitoring and operations of ICT communications and security.
- Provide operational support for the data communications network and its users and solve non-complex problems
- Implement standard set-up activities for network, audio-visual equipment and other ICT systems
- Monitor and analyse network performance of existing and new systems and assist with the identification of faults or potential issues and suggest potential solutions
- Contribute to the development of reference materials to assist the ICT support community
- Provide on-call support as required
- Ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to focus on key points and prepare written material that is well structured and easy to follow.
- Demonstrated experience working with communication systems and technology.
- Good understanding in the areas of Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Ability to work on a rotating on-call roster, covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Interest in data and voice technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Aruba Wireless, IP Network technologies including Cisco hardware, software and network management systems.
For more information, please contact Pooja Gupta on 02 9409 4837, quoting ref: 195238